The Institute's COVID-19 Research Program
There are three major countermeasures against coronavirus that the Institute is leading the research effort or help co-develop:
(1) The Institute, in collaboration with Cellular Engineering Technologies, will develop ethical cell lines to replace the HEK293 cells and PER.C6 to assist pharmaceutical companies develop replication-incompetent adenovirus vectors vaccines if industry so chooses.
(2) An off-the-shelf antiviral therapy against COVID-19 and future coronaviruses and other viruses.
(3) A platform based on our cell technology to create a live attenuated vaccine against COVID-19.
(4) A recombinant protein subunit COVID-19 vaccine.
(5) Answers to FAQ of the Institute's COVID-19 Vaccine Research Program.